What We Do
We are volunteers who work in more than 50 communities across Perth and Kinross to improve the environment and quality of life in our towns, villages, hamlets and city.
We organise our work in line with the 'Three Pillars' of the Royal Horticultural Society's Britain in Bloom campaign: Horticultural Excellence, Environmental Responsibility and Community Involvement.
We operate by:
- empowering local communities to take action
- reviving and landscaping neglected sites
- planting and maintaining public flower beds, hanging baskets and other planting displays
- undertaking environmental improvement & conservation projects
- tackling litter, graffiti and dog fouling
- involving schools in environmental and educational projects
- promoting care and conservation of the environment
- sharing best practice, information and ideas
- running an annual award programme
Who We Are
The Take a Pride in Perthshire Campaign was established in 1993 and renamed 'Take A Pride in Perth & Kinross' in 2017. As a result of the energy, civic pride and sheer hard work of many local volunteers, the Campaign has become a driving force in enhancing the environment and quality of life for everyone in the Perth and Kinross area. You can find a list of our member communities here.
The purpose of the Campaign is to help all communities in the area to improve their local environment. Perth & Kinross Council also plays a vital role in this partnership through the support of its Environment Service.
Our Governing body
The Take a Pride in Perth & Kinross Association is a charity registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (number SC 02774). It was established in 1998 under the umbrella of the Take a Pride in Perthshire Campaign to support local member groups, raise funds and to help communities carry out environmental improvement projects. It is run by a volunteer Executive Committee of Trustees elected by members at the Annual General Meeting.Trustees meet regularly to assess project applications submitted by local groups and to discuss other ways they can support volunteer members.
For queries and further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pride in your Town